PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pedicab/Rickshaw in Darwin Australia

David J
25-09-2007, 22:19
I would love to hear from anyone who knows of pedicabs, rickshaws or becaks that are in the Darwin / NT area. I would like to buy a Rickshaw but can't find any in my local area. I don't fancy having one shipped in from overseas but would considder interstate Australia.
If you happen to read this and are in my general area please reply.
I am looking for a working pedicab that I can use to carry passengers, not an ornament (as I have found on some searches).

Thanks in advance for helping me realize my objective. ;)

David

Hev
25-09-2007, 22:52
I know cycle maximus says they have sold bikes in these three locations in Australia Sydney, Perth, Darwin maybe you can find the person who has them.

David J
26-09-2007, 10:13
Thanks Hev. Yes I saw some of those machines a couple of years ago and am trying to trace the owner. Unfortunately it seems the business hasb been shut down and no one I have spoken to knows exactly how to contact the owner. So far I've been told it was some fella from Queensland and hel's not around any more.
Thanks for your reply.
I am currently onto an Indonesian becak which carries passengers in front. They look cool but I don't think it will stand up to as much rough stuff as the modern pedicab designs.

Hev
26-09-2007, 10:37
I would reach out to maximus and see if they can help you find the guy they sold the cab to. Usually emails are flying back and forth before money parts ways. So they should have shipping records still on file. Now they may not want to part with that info though.
Best of Luck

David J
26-09-2007, 12:26
Thanks for the advise Hev,
I'll definitely contact Maximus and see where that leads.