PDA

View Full Version : bicytaxi

chizic
09-01-2006, 06:56
a new company in town (NYC) - BicyTaxi

They have same pedicabs as VeloTaxi in Berlin

www.bicytaxi.com (http://www.bicytaxi.com)

I think they will be the best in Town cause they not look like s*** red or yellow pedicabs.
Advertise on them is beutifull.

tdayuk
10-01-2006, 11:38
Yea they may be great for adverts but they are hard to peddle when the battery pack is on empty & even though the others may look like a bunch of rags, they still move around the smooth curves of the giant Velo.

Did you go for the new models & have you any pics to post?

Good luck & fortune

Trixi.com
10-01-2006, 16:12
Yes, post or send photos please and share further information as number of vehicles etc.

And please: Do not use words like "s***" or "f***". It will be censored by the hard hand of the admin (me) ;)

Trixi.com
10-01-2006, 16:54
Please check the link. It does not work.

bikecab999
10-01-2006, 22:26
Well I must say I do respect what the Velotaxi has done for the pedicab image. But I also have to say as a former long time NYC resident, I don't think velotaxi 's are good for NYC right now.

First off there appears to be a ton of blind spots on the velotaxi. NOT GOOD! When trying to weave in and out of normal NYC Taxicab traffic.

They just don't seem manuverable enough for heavy congestion, and I am sure they are heavy beasts of burden when the battery goes dead.

I don't know correct me if I am wrong. It just seems to me that while NYC is already undergoing so many pedicab hardships at the moment. Why would a company decide to bring in a untested, possibly hazardous business model. This could jepordize the industry as a whole. Especially, as Velotaxi is an international company.

While I never have driven a velo cab I have rode in one in Japan once.
I no longer live in NYC but that is just my 2 cents. Pedicab on the west coast these days.

Someone put me in check if I am off my rocker...

chizic
10-01-2006, 22:47
In regards to what was wriiten before u should understand something about Media - Advertisement, NYC is perfect for advertise, new models of media required and demanding new ways of advertise. NYC is the best place in the world to advertise, millions of people are on the streets looking at ads.

BicyTaxi: Advertising in motion

The „Advertising in motion“ concept was born in Berlin and has spread to over 35 international locations until now. Brands like Sony, Nike, Diesel, Langnese, MasterCard, T-Mobile, Esprit, C&A have been put into motion on the streets of the world in an unusual, flashy and emotional way.

BicyTaxi succeds in combining the performance of a enviromentally sound means of transport with the high awareness of a top advertising medium.

The BicyTaxis are shuttling passengers from A to B 365 days a year. Either on scheduled routes, or at events like corporate celebrations, sports, fairs or congresses, your advertising will always be right on target.

The City will look much better with BicyTaxis instead of regular pedicabs.

High-tech on three wheels

BicyTaxi is the unique answer to the challenges of modern city traffic. The vehicles unite a simple traction principle with sophisticated technology, modern design with special traveling comfort. Our patented model "City Cruiser" is DEKRA tested and very easy to operate. - Drivers will have easier Job when using the motor.

Hope it help you understand the concept

www.bicytaxi.com (http://www.bicytaxi.com)

Trixi.com
11-01-2006, 13:26
Hi Bikecab,

I do not agree. The Velotaxi / CityCruiser I manufactured by www.veloform.com is very manuverable.

We are running them in Barcelona and do not have any problem at all.
Veloform even offers a "BES battery exchanging system", 2 batteries more on the back of the CityCruiser and is a very good solution.
http://www.veloform.com/artikel/cc1_ex_130.jpg
In Barcelona we have a population of 1.500.000 and
- 625.000 cars
- 121.000 motor bikes
- 67.000 vans

A total of about 927.000 motorized vehicles are on the streets of Barcelona, 1.500.000 population, 100 km2 surface of the city (only a 25 % of Hamburg, Germany) and 15.867 people living on one km2.

I would like to say: High density of traffic every day and ZERO problems.

I know each pedicab has a lot of advantages and disadvantages. No pedicab is perfect. Just give it a try and you will be surprised.

tdayuk
12-01-2006, 05:19
Gad, when will we see the pictures of this new veloform/velotaxi2, I wana see, I wana see!!!!!!!! mMMH, JUST HOPE THAT ALL THE GOOD NEWS STUFF IS TRUE.

I had the pleasure of this little lady once & once you got the hange of her ways quite a sweet-hart but I do remember one sunny day, a big hill & the one lady in the fleet with out that Heinzman (we wanted to no trouble from the law) sadly I did have the batterys & two newly weds.

I can still feel my leg cramping after each 3m dash & the sweat from my head burning my eyes willst at the back the newly weds said I was doing a fine job & would it be OK to pay by cheq (it was not!!!).

:D

Trixi.com
12-01-2006, 21:42
Hi,

they are working hard on it :D:D:D:D I hope also to see the City Cruiser 2 (http://www.velform.com) soon!!! No pictures available - no plans - it is a "Top Secret" mission.

bikecab999
18-01-2006, 01:39
Well glad to here that so many people feel this bike drives well in very heavy urban congestion. That clears up any preconceived misconceptions I had and makes me feel good about the Bicytaxi venture in NYC.

Good luck in NYC.

-My only concern was the comment made by:

"The „Advertising in motion“ concept was born in Berlin and has spread to over 35 international locations until now. Brands like Sony, Nike, Diesel, Langnese, MasterCard, T-Mobile, Esprit, C&A have been put into motion on the streets of the world in an unusual, flashy and emotional way.

BicyTaxi succeeds in combining the performance of a environmentally sound means of transport with the high awareness of a top advertising medium."

-While yes the Bicytaxi may be "an environmentally sound means of transport," the advertisers that pay for the advertising on the Bicytaxi are far from environmentally sound. The companies mentioned are true plunderers of the earth!

I just don't see how a company could claim to be "environmentally sound" while accepting a large portion of their profits from the evil WTO type corporations.

Doesn't that seem like a bit of a double standard?

I am not trying to stir stuff up, I just want to understand how this company works. They seem to have the most money of any pedicab company invested in R&D and that interests me.