Thread: fenders

Cool fenders

Any thoughts on MSP fenders. What is the best way to secure them? MSP advises a pop rivet to hold them in case of accident, it doesn't ruin the body. I have seen them bolted also...and I have seen quite a few without any....discuss

Thumbs down fenders must be

fenders (american) in english read ''mudguards'' have to be on the mainstreet, and not only mainstreet but any other pedicab.

One day someone thought that fenders are not needed on the Cycles Maximus in Edinburgh (Scotland, UK) when customer's scarf went in to the rotating disc and killed the passenger. Since that time CM fully covers all the rotating components of cab. And I think Ian Wood is right here doing so.

So therefore do not even try to leave the wheels without mudguards.

Fit those with rivetts 4,8mm they should keep them quite well

Thumbs up Protect & serve

Sadly things can go wrong but it helps to remove as much as possible from the equasion at the start and with insurance we can cover the rest.

Mudguards are an important part of cutting the risk, the trick is to keep it simple so that riders can still fix a wheel when its full of holes.

I think stuff like magnets or clips work well but DON't use little bolts, they sooooo get lost when your fixing things in the rain or dark.

the pop rivets i have been using break off too easy....so i guess i am gonna bolt them on.....and to change the tire or change the wheel, the fender does not have to come off??....I have been told the pop rivets are best as it wont damage the carriage/body of the Pcab......anyone have this happen to them?

Jimboblove Guest

I would recommend using wingnuts, so you can remove them to place vynal raps or advertising...

your pal,
    Bobby (the fiberglass guy @ main street)

Thread Information