Thread: How the sensor work ?

Default How the sensor work ?

Dear all,
    Do any of you know how the pedal magnet sensor work in VELLOTAXY or electric bike (pedal assist system)?
    I mean how the sensor read the pedal rpm or torque, I saw there 5 magnets located near the pedal sprocket and the sensor fixed to the pedal's hub. So the sensor in fix and the magnet rotate.
    before the hub motor work, what happen to the magnet sensor? and when motor is working what is red by the sensor so the controller can connect/disconnect the current from baterry ? Is it magnetic field, magnet induction (i'm sorry if i'm wrong), or what ?
    And one more thing, The words " pedal assist system ". which one is the main power and which one is the assist power, the hub motor or the pedal power ?
    Thank's.

Wink Things to find out

Do any of you know how the pedal magnet sensor work in VELLOTAXY or electric bike (pedal assist system)?

I'm sure the sesnsor pics up an electric puls from the magnet passing.

Is it magnetic field, magnet induction or what ?

Thats the one

And one more thing, The words " pedal assist system ". which one is the main power and which one is the assist power, the hub motor or the pedal power ?

The pedaling has to start the motor & no pedling stops the motor, if you want the battery to last, then the more you assist the motor the longer it takes to drain the battery, if you chose only to let your legs rotate, then the motor will propel the trike but as it is doing all the work the battery will drain quickly but you may also burn out a weak motor or over heat it.

Thread Information