Thread: Motorcycle Rickshaw

Default Motorcycle Rickshaw

Okay guys and girls don't hate me for mentioning it and thinking it but this weekend as i was pedeling around in my china made rigged up pedicab i saw something. These motorcycle powered buggy trikes. Now these were cheap as i figured but didnt really look it. more or less had a carraige design with the hood thing but the panels seemed to flow together with the bike making it look very clean. only a 150cc motorcycle to made for putting around but since i have plans to install a few electrical needs i woudl love to have a alternator to make this alot easier not to mention the ease of transportation. Does anyone know where to get things like these?

Really what i woudl like to do is buy a motorcycle that is actually of decent quality and mak ea trailer type attachement that easielly disconnect from the bike. They have frames for stuff liek that but they are pricey and they look easy to make. so if not the whole set up anyone knwo of a carriage body withe a top attachment all upolstered?

Thumbs down Sounds like you have a death wish

What we have here is a description of a tuk-tuk or motorbike trailer both ok as car replacments but still not the point of this forum. So look at motor trikes & trailers for motorbikes. When you have the money just get a car & then just work as a taxi & then don't bother using the word rickshaw.

Also as you have a motor which can get you up to a nice speed of around 30mph or more, make sure that the insurance you have will cover your dead passengers when your home made trailer roles & kills them or falles appart - I think that's one of the reason this form of transport is not so popular with the law.
    Last edited by tdayuk; 12-09-2007 at 04:05. Reason: corrections

Default ...

Ok im not sure if your trying to be a smart ass or somewhat helpful. ill go with the latter and leave it at that. I posted in off topic to keep it out of your other areas. As for speed concerns the distance traveled 98% of the time will be a 2 blocks max at a time always under 20 MPH if i get lucky enough to get going that fast in the traffic. the otehr 2% if ever will be maybe a mile or 2 max still under 20 MPH al the time and barely any curves whatsoever. Not to mention stop sings basiaclly evrey blocks or 2. If i were to guess average around 10 MPG but its a straightaway and level. I dont know how quick some peopele's bike taxies go but 15 MPH really isnt that crazy. I can The area is more or less a amusement park and i want something unique not a average taxi.... also the trailer that i want is easily detached but not flimsy or a death trap at high speeds the only real safety convern woudl be getting hit but that goes for basically any rickshaw... I was more asking for help on where to fidn things liek this and what not. Im not goign to make the trailer all nice with shocks and other do dads as the distance is small and structure is the utmost important. In fact it woudl be less likeely to fall apart then cars today.... Thanks I think

Talking Being both

Nop I'm sure I was being both & maybe tongue in cheek

Trailers are ok for transporting goods but if you have any money saved from the cheap construction, spend it on insurance........ you do get what you pay for.

Ok, now talking straight -
    motorbike use (unless you're on private land) might mean a taxi medalion or licence (hard to get). So a well made pedicab from a company with product liabilety will mean that you are looking after your own skin if you have an accident, possibly get some third party insurance this should give basic protection with a bad crash for your passengers.

If you're in the US you can get up to 750w that will shift & it's also a clean option.

What you invest in a good pedicab tends to stay the course - I have seen old MS sell after 5 years for just over half the original price & thats about as much as you lose even after the next 5 years.

Inital capital investment on the pedicab is only a tiny part of what will cost you the money in the long run, maintenance, spair parts, petrol & licence are the big ones & the biggest on it not having enough insurance.

Ok, hope that you stay well & chose a happy future

Hi I have a motorcycle with seats for 4 people in the back if you want some photos and are in the U.K. I will send them to you and will sell it. It has never been registered here but would be classed as a tricycle....Dennis

Talking How niiiice........not

I need one of thouse as much as I need another hole in my head.......

The Message was for jhart82 not for a comment from someone who does not want it,but if you want a rickshaw how about my singapore one where the passengers sit at the side .....!

crappy ass chinese motors
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Pedicabs great

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The Message was for jhart82 not for a comment from someone who does not want it,but if you want a rickshaw how about my singapore one where the passengers sit at the side .....!
    Well, if it was not for comment please send via a privat message not post it were we may hassle you .

The side rider sounds nice & rickshawy, so post a pic in the gallery

An unknown fact is that Motorcycles give out even more emissions than a Large SUV. Google some EPA pages and learn. Motorcylce emissions are outrageous and should not be used to transport people for novelty sake and to take business away from pedicabs and taxis.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/roadbike/420f03046.pdf
    Last edited by buddydeath; 14-10-2007 at 01:06.

Thread Information