Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domestic Use Rickshaw

Default Domestic Use Rickshaw

I just wanted to thank all the folk on this forum who offered me advice when I was having problems with my Rickshaw some months ago. The problems have all been sorted out, and I've learned how the whole thing is put together and works. I've changed all the freewheels one by one, and that's basically sorted it out, as the old ones seemed to be cheap and had ball-bearings that literally crumbled. The machine, although a cheap Chinese-made one, and nothing as fancy as the gorgeous ones you folk have, is perfect for my uses (taking the kids and myself to school, basically). It's very narrow (31 inches), so it fits on all the cycle lanes and footpaths I need to use in the locality. And it's very smooth to ride with the new freewheels, taking all the gradients (some of them fairly intense) with ease, even though it's only got six gears. The only problem is that the derailleur is a bit low, very little clearance, so I have to be careful with speed-bumps, kerbs, etc. But the kids love it, and so do I, as it keeps me out of a car! There are no other rickshaw-bikes in my town, althought there are a couple of operators in Dublin who run free rides with ads on their rickshaws. I've never seen anyone in this country use a pedicab for domestic purposes (apart from me, that is.... )

And here are some photos. Anyone else on RF using a pedicab non-commercially? Show us a photo?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, couldn´t attach two photos to the last post, for some reason. This is sanchomobile as it now looks, with raincover removed and extra child seat attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Very cool

Thanks for sharing this. I think it's great that you're using a pedicab for your family. Why would you want a "fancy as the gorgeous one" if this one, which is much less expensive, fits your needs so well. And thanks for letting us know what fixes you had to do.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am.
    BigTreePedicab.com
    PedicabBlog.com
    ColoradoRickshaw.com
    SmartAdsMedia.com

Thanks Tez, I appreciate that!

Cool sign on the back
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Quote Originally Posted by Trixi.com View Post
    Cool sign on the back
    Thanks, Trixi....I know it's a bit "smug", cycling by a lane of blocked traffic every morning with that licence plate.....but hey, we might as well make the point!

O.K. Good thing your not in Canada. That's my Company Name. No worries, feel free to use it and make your point.

One Less Car

Default More pedicabs go private

Yea, nice car replacment , we have in London quite a few now in private hands and I hope this trend will continue with more 2nd hand pedicabs comming onto the market.

I have had my own pedicab now for more then 2 years and they realy are great for nearly every thing from a shopping run, to getting the kids to school. I'm hoping that the electric assit issue will one day be legal here, as I could see quite a few mums & dads head off with the tribe in the back.

My latest project is to turn an old pedicab into a 'tear drop caravan' , which should give my older kids another thing to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by one less car View Post
    O.K. Good thing your not in Canada. That's my Company Name. No worries, feel free to use it and make your point.

One Less Car
    Whoops! Sorry, One Less Car. In Ireland it's the motto of the Dublin Cycling Campaign....probably in use all over Europe, I've seen something similar on stickers in Spain (obviously in Spanish.... )

Thread Information