Thread: Pedicab Service in Petoskey, MI

Default Pedicab Service in Petoskey, MI

Hey everyone! My name is Josh Lycka and I'm a partner in Petoskey Pedicab LLC. My friend and I have been working on starting up this spring, and we have just received two Main Street Pedicabs, registered our LLC with the State, and are now looking into insurance. We've got tons of questions, but we've got a fairly good idea of what we're about to get ourselves in to as well.

mackinawpedi Guest

A good business plan and public relations in petoskey would be a wonderful start.Insurance is going to start with knowing what the city of petoskey is going to require for general liability coverage. It's nice to hear of another pedicab company starting so close to Mackinaw.

Thanks Mackinawpedi,

We've been making all the necessary connections in Petoskey, but we are still searching for insurance. Do you have a company that you could recommend?

mackinawpedi Guest

I went with a"farm bureau" agent who then did some homework for me like any company you call for a quot and I had a policy through J.M.Wilson Corp. from portage Michigan.My business description in the contract is Pedicab Rides.The first few local insurance places told me that they would not insure me the first year but they would the next year in business. Others told me they would not insure at all.I also had an insurance possibility with massinsurers.com which is an occurance based claims policy. I did not go with them because I already had a policy in affect by the time I recieved info. Kind of a bombardment of insurance quotes all at the same time. I dont think you should have a problem because all it takes really is for one agent who thinks the idea of pedicab transportation is great and is ambitious to get something moving for you.Alot of that happening too.I hope this helps you get things together for this next season.
    Last edited by mackinawpedi; 12-03-2009 at 16:14. Reason: corrections

Welcome Josh..... Insurance is the biggest expense you will have. I to am starting a pedicab biz in Indianapolis and I was quoted $7000 for the year for all my bikes. Its tough to find the coverage needed at a resonable rate. Good luck

Thanks, we'll definitely take a look at those insurance providers. Have you found anyone that can provide a 6 month policy? Being in northern michigan obviously we can't operate in the winter, but so far we've only been quoted 1 year policies.

mackinawpedi Guest

As of last year and all the agents I have talked to, I have not been quoted a 6 month policy.I would actually like that a lot better due to the short season.This season my policy expires mid may and I will seek a 6 month policy if possible upon renewal. That way my cabs are not sitting in my garage still covered in liability insurance all winter.Let us know how everything turns out and hope everything goes well with insurance.

Thread Information