Thread: new spain pedicabber

Default new spain pedicabber

Hi,
    Iīm new on site, I join pedicabforum to learn about pedicab way of life, I hope i can also get some good vibs with other spain pedicabber cause we need it. Spain seems like a virgin as anybody knows about it. Last week a woman told me that it was a thirdworld machine, an antiprogress idea. But most people understand rickshaw on its funny side but only tourist dare to have a ride, spanish are too shame.

My little story: I bought near two years ago two velocab from Bugbugs and thanks to Friedel who gave me parts of his "know how" i try to develop my business here in Valencia.
    I will tell you details of my adventure.
    See u, Iīd be happy to contact other spanish pedicab lovers !
    julien

Virgin? Hmmmm. In Barcelona we are operating since 7 years with a lot of success. Other operations are in San Sebastian, Sevilla and Malaga etc....running CityCruisers (Veloform / Velotaxi) - and in some other cities like Vitoria, Valencia, Playa del Ingles etc. have fleets, but they do not run all-year-services....

And do not forget about Lisboa and Algarve - it's not Spain - but "Peninsula iberica"....

Spain / Portugal is not as virgin as it seems. BTW: 25 % of our clients are locals (national visitors from Spain or people from Barcelona)....

Do you have a website where to get some additional information about your company?
    Last edited by Trixi.com; 17-05-2009 at 12:58.
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Default not virgin at all ?

Ok Gerald,
    I know you have a long time riding in Barcelona, and that itīs successfull but itīs not so easy to do everywhere mostly if you start from below. And you will agree with me that Barcelona is mucha barcelona.

I say virgin cause you know that everything can be done with tricycles but it will cost a lot of efforts and pains to put this in peoples minds. I think UKcitizens or northern people in general are better prepared to those kind of changes. Thatīs what I mean with virgin.

however I īd be nice to discuss with you the progress cyclovlc.es did in Valencia. Iīm dealing contact with the main bikes company here in Valencia but I never met cyclovlc.es, I suppose they will come out this summer.
    My web is not ready for the moment.
    See u and letīs ride
    Julien

Nada de "mucha Barcelona". I was three years batteling with the city council before I started....Barcelona is now the bicycle capital of Spain with 6000 Public Bikes and more then 180.000 subscribers / users. But 10 years ago it was a desert...and we all, working in Barcelonas little world of bicycle, made it possible that Barcelona is now "Mucha Barcelona".

Why to discuss with me cyclovlc.es? Diskuss it with the guys in Valencia. Would make more sense, isn't it

How many operators are there in Valencia that you didn't met him?
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Of course Trixi had runned a long way, you have all my respect for what you realise, for the pioneer experience you had worked out
    You canīt denied that Barcelona is a european node mush more openminded and cosmopolite while Valencia is almost like a big village.
    You have much more demand I imagine, how many operators are working in Barcelona ?
    Iīm just starting now Gerald Iīm just translating my impressions.
    I īm collecting contact around the collective bicycle organisation trying to joined some supports.
    I thought perhaps you had some news about them just because they use velotaxi rickshaws. I havnīt seen them operating yet.
    bye
    saludos
    Julien

Thread Information