Thread: Maximus de review 8 outa 10

Thumbs up Maximus de review 8 outa 10

http://www.cyclesmaximus.com

Well I spent my first year on this nippi little kritter. It nipes in & out of traffic as if you had turned into a cycle, with nearly half the london fleet faving this beast .

The small wheel at the front lets you make turns like no other & the 21 gears give you that full range feeling when the hill makes you need oil on your knee.

Takes three fat boys & is very light to boot, many of the fina ladys go for this baby, as she aint heavy. The new body of sculpted steel & hard plastic gives a nice oldy meets modern world, which drags in the people.

The handle bars are a great design, which have saved many an impact happy dude from injury as they gently bend & slow him to a stop. One hex key later, up they go & off you pump to find another curb to jump .

The rain cover is a bit fiddly to take off or push back but does a great job if it rains from the top (which it does), new development for the new body is a rain cover that is as snug as a rug for a bug, so watch that space. The old cover was a bit of a doooooooo! Bitch to put on & not so great for getting em in & out befor it looked dog eared but they have made a new one!!!

Back wheel cover is a real royal swine, as they had it a bit big, good thing is that they have now mad em smaller, so it should be easyer to get at that puncture.

The hand rail at the back of your seat has been the industry fav, great for grand ma & pa, so is the small space between it & the seat (no room for a pushchair unless it folds) but the step for getting on & off is still one if the best.

The bar by my nuts is low, so even after a million rides could still drag that broken knee over & out.

When hurling down a hill like a beach from van hala, the steering does feel a tad scarry, as its twitchy but speed down a hill might not be every thing if you have a sharp corner & three wheels (you do the maths ).

Bitch bits are its a swine to get the back wheels off (unless you visit maximus & they show you the trick (then its easya)).
    Don't do the 'twist' with your steering it kinda makes the hydrolic pipes longer.
    Don't get 3 realy big guys in the back the new seat is a bit smaller " but great for adverts" .
    Do put the rain cover back on again properly as when the wind blowes, so does the cover.

Strong frame & very sweet over cobbles, due to the diff & good construction.

So thats why this baby roles home with 8 outa 10
    Last edited by Trixi.com; 20-04-2005 at 02:00. Reason: I added a photo

Pedal Pumpers Guest

Wink Maximus Rickshaw

Yes, TDAYUK has it about right but a few things to add about Maximus Rickshaw.Good company to deal with, Rickshaw arrived on time, my friends and relatives very impressed by build quality.
    Two negatives the price is a bit high, you have to say that don't you, also I have fitted indicators just under the reflectors at the rear. Added weight of battery offset by safety.

Thumbs up Worth every penny

Well, the dudes at Maximus are worth every penny. I went to there den of round wheels & found the most professional rickshaw assembly line that I have even heared about.

The place is upto date & on the ball, you can see that they are in it for the very long run. All investment is in staff & equipment & I would suggest that if you are going to visit a maker that these are first on your list (and not just because Ian runs a very nice pub!). Bath is the most unlikely place to builed rickshaws/Pedicabs but it kinda fits when you get to see there big picture.

They are also the very first to help you get insurance for the trike you buy, instead of just shrugging & saying "that's your problem mate we just make em".

Never cry when you get a work horse thats top of the range

Thread Information