Thread: New here, getting some information

Default New here, getting some information

Hello all, just looking about. I've ridden for a couple of different outfits in a couple of different cities, thinking of going out on my own. All the big guys I've ridden with seem to hate independents. Some of the reasons are legit (fly-by-night operators who ruin the rickshaw reputation with poor service and unsafe equipment/practices) and some are a reasonable desire for lack of competition. Wow, I didn't mean to come across so harsh in an introduction, my apologies. Let me start over...
    Hello,
    Looking to start out on my own and came to this forum for advise and information. I need to find a bike or two. I need to figure out insurance. I do know there is a market in my area, already a couple of operators (both companies and independents) Not sure if I should go it completely alone or start a 2 bike/ 4-5 driver co-op. I've got a day job, just miss the pedicab nightlife. I would have to sell some advertising to pay the overhead.
    Anyway, just checking in, would welcome some advise!

where are you based? Let's take it as a starting point

Hello Yendrek3, not be unfriendly, but I didn't want to give my city/state until I get everything up and running. One of the local operations has harassed independent drivers in the past, so I'm keeping a low profile until the launch date. I'm in the USA, though.

Thread Information