Thread: Velocab Hub

Exclamation Velocab Hub

Currently about to rebuild the wheels on my velocabs but have hit a problem...

Both hubs came off the first bike with ease. The 2 rims on the other bike seem fused to the axle. Have removed the bolt and they simply will not slide off axle.

Any ideas? Don't want to use too much force as i don't want to damage the hub.

Help!

Rob

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Default Hammer time

Get a piece of wood, hold it against as much of the hub as you can and...............hit it with a big rubber hammer with some weight. Also you could spray as much as you can see with WD40 and leave overnight. Make sure you dont spray the pads or discs.

The older velocabs tend to have rusted nipples on the spokes - good tip is to lube every thing up with grease before you rebuild your next lot and put some heavy duty grease all over the half shaft before you slip the hub on again.

Cant touch this

Quote Originally Posted by rjoiner View Post
    Currently about to rebuild the wheels on my velocabs but have hit a problem...

Both hubs came off the first bike with ease. The 2 rims on the other bike seem fused to the axle. Have removed the bolt and they simply will not slide off axle.

Any ideas? Don't want to use too much force as i don't want to damage the hub.

Help!

Rob

Thread Information