Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Walk Pedicabs

Default Why Walk Pedicabs

I'm just getting into the pedicab business and don't have a lot of money to spend. That being said, I don't want to buy something that's a piece of crap and then be stuck with it. Why Walk Pedicabs seem to be the most affordable, but I've heard mixed reviews as to their overall quality. I also can't seem to be able to tell if they're made in the U.S. or China.

I was looking at the DX 21 speed in particular, which you can find by scrolling to the bottom of this page: http://whywalkpedicab.com/pedicabs

If you're selling any used cabs, particularly in the southern U.S., feel free to post that info here as well!

Thank you so much for your advice!
    - Brian

They look like butchered imports. I may be wrong though.

Avoid and get something Western manufactured. I had a Chinese/Tartan for a year before getting some Velocabs to restore.

The seat area is 32 inches. It would be a tight squeeze for 2 ppl here in England, I can't imagine trying to squeeze 2 yanks in that thing. Not big enough. There was a thread on here a while back and should be in the archives unless it has been deleted by the owner. The thread talked about one of their rigs snapping in half. As posted above, avoit the Asian made knockoffs. Tartan import shitty Chinese made shaws and tweak em a bit then sell for 3 or 4 times what they paid for em. You still get a Chinese made shaw though. I believe that Pedaliac in the U.S. do the same. Buy cheap, buy twice.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Thanks so much for the input! I ended up finding some used MainStreets, so I'm going with those. Pretty excited about them.

The customer service for this company is shady at best. The owner is the sort of person who will resist filling your order. I purchased one of their cabs, and it is strong, but incomplete. They did not answer my calls for four months after I took delivery of an incomplete trike. Then when I spoke about it, the owner took it personal and shut me out completely. Just yesterday, Gina Garcia told me she was done with me, and that I was not going to get the rest of the parts for my purchase. Fair? Be warned, they do not show an address for their business, and I will never buy from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by drdelaron View Post
    The customer service for this company is shady at best. The owner is the sort of person who will resist filling your order. I purchased one of their cabs, and it is strong, but incomplete. They did not answer my calls for four months after I took delivery of an incomplete trike. Then when I spoke about it, the owner took it personal and shut me out completely. Just yesterday, Gina Garcia told me she was done with me, and that I was not going to get the rest of the parts for my purchase. Fair? Be warned, they do not show an address for their business, and I will never buy from them again.
    What a bunch of douchebags.
    J. Buffett

guess who's making a movie about being a victim? ginamgarcia.com

owner of WhyWalk

I bought a used Why Walk Pedicab and the guy before couldn't get the tire off and ended up sawing through the tire. All of the characters written on the tire are in Chinese. I managed to get it off, and have never seen a tire like this before. The bead wraps all the way inside, even covers the spokes. I bought a new 26" tire, but am having a hell of a time getting it on. Help!

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

First hook one half of the tire on to the rim and put the valve of the innertube into the hole. Make sure the tube has a tiny bit of air in it (rounded). Then put the other half of the tyre on, you need to start at the valve and work away from it in both directions. As you get to where it gets tough move your hands back to where you started and squeeze the tyre together and push back in the direction you were going to free it up a bit. Keep doing this. If this doesn't work then your rim may be bigger than 26" - that is not likely tho. When you finally get the tyre on - push the valve in a few times - this ensures that the tube will not pinch when you add air

The ecotaxi has a 23" rear wheel - it is a moped tyre and it is very hard to get on. Much harder than any 26" wheel. You need to be strong in your fingers and arms. If you cannot do it, take it to any bike mechanic who will put it on for you in about 30 seconds. You could also try searching - how to put a tyre on a bicycle wheel on youtube.

Just for your information - most of the things in the world are made in China.

Your post started out legible.

half of the tire on

Then you went back to spelling like a Pom

other half of the tyre
    I guess you haven't been to Canadian Tire yet? Oh well. As long as you are starting the day with a large double double from Timmies and finishing off with a mickey of rye it's all good.

Just for your information - most of the things in the world are made in China.
    Indeed. Sadly rickshaws art not made by big multinational corporations in sweat shops using slave labour and until this happens Chinese made pedicabs and the parts that come on them are likely to remain as shitty as they have been for as long as we have been talking about them on this site.
    J. Buffett

Thread Information