Thread: New member here: questions about Lightfoot Pedicabs

Default New member here: questions about Lightfoot Pedicabs

Hi. This is BrakePedal....I am the new kid on the block here I currently live in Los Angeles, California....I am interested in trying to start a pedicab business (not in the City Of Los Angeles--TOO RESTRICTIVE-but in the outer counties)& I am very intereseted in the Lightfoot Pedicab.I like the look & recumbent seating position (no butt in the passengers face!!) Although it is expensive (about $4000 MORE than the Main Street Pedicab)there doesn't seem to be many users or information from people who have actually bought it and put it to use. Their website is good, but I am looking for real life accounts of buyers & their experiences with it. Also, they can offer the frame in titanium....is that worth the extra cost rather than regular steel? There is one Youtube video on it, which is more like a mini one minute informercial. Any info would be appreciated....thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrakePedal For This Useful Post:

I saw the youtube clip. The thing looks big and boxy and incumbersome. I wouldn't want to have to get through traffic with that.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Actually, I don't mind the size....they use disc brakes on all the wheels (no vee or hydraulic brakes); supposedly, this makes maintainence easier, since cable brakes are easily replaced at a local bike shop with hardly any down time. However, I actually called a few pedicab insurance companies, and upon them looking up Lightfoot, they said they only insurewere pedicabs with hydraulic brakes. They also specifically pointed out that the Mainstreet Pedicabs were pretty much their template. Anybody know anything about this also?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BrakePedal For This Useful Post:

That bike looks truly horrible. If it is your first bike *please* do proper research. My chinese bike couldn't have been more of a mistake. it cost a fortune to get right and now lives in a garage as it was replaced with a pair of gorgeous custom Velocabs.

It would be so foolish not to buy a Mainstreet, Maximus or Velocab. There is a reason these are the bikes chosen by most operators!

Take it from me... be sensible and don't buy crap, especially when it costs as much as that recumbent thing. (LOL!)

Thread Information