Thread: Independent Driver (Amsterdam): Problem with Police

Default Independent Driver (Amsterdam): Problem with Police

I see that the Pedicab businesses have licenses here in Amsterdam. Do I get big Problems if I would drive my own Pedicab if it NOT Electrical? Are the licenses only for electrical Pedicabs needed?

Can I drive a not electric Pedicab if I officially don't charge for the rides (of course with dinations;-)

I guess there's no basis to forbid medriving a pedicab with seats for passengers... It's not motorized...

What do you think? Do you know a possible liabillity insurance (best would be if valid for 2 drivers...)

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Dude this is a really tough question cos your English is fuc#@ed

Sorry, I try to aks the question more direct.

Fact: Professional Pedicab Businesses in Amsterdam have a license for the pedicabs.

1. Question: If I drive a not electrical pedicab without a license do I get problems if the police stops me? If I would operate on a donation basis, there will be no fare-chart in the cab...

2. Question: Is there a liability insurance who would insure me in case something happen to passengers or third parties?

I'm afraid that an insurance would be a waste of money as in case something happend they would refere to the fact that I don't have a license but passengers...

AGAIN: It would be for a non-electrical bike!

Thanks a lot for responses.

Fact: Professional Pedicab Businesses in Amsterdam have a license for the pedicabs.
    Well I guess that would depend on what they consider professional. From what I have been told, Amsterdam is just as much a monkey fuck as London. Do they not operate gimp hubbed knock off eco cabs over there? Hardly professional IMV.

1. Question: If I drive a not electrical pedicab without a license do I get problems if the police stops me? If I would operate on a donation basis, there will be no fare-chart in the cab...
    Even though you do not have a gimp hub you will still be operating a rickshaw, the only difference is you will have an actual rickshaw whereas those of the gimp hub crowd will have an electric cab. You would be better off just spending the money and getting a license. Don't be cheap. And don't work for tips unless you really have a thing for being made into a total bitch.

2. Question: Is there a liability insurance who would insure me in case something happen to passengers or third parties?

I'm afraid that an insurance would be a waste of money as in case something happend they would refere to the fact that I don't have a license but passengers...
    Give that a google.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Thread Information