Thread: We posted an ad on Facebook and this is what happened

Default We posted an ad on Facebook and this is what happened

We started looking at recruiting new riders and we. Tried using Facebook, sadly half way through the campaign I'd say to any other pedicab company, it's actually not worth it. All we got were cab drivers beating up on us. Post in this forum or stick with your riders recommending you

Any ho, you can enjoy the arguments

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...user=612672340

Have fun

They have puters in Wales? Whoda thunk that?
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

And them taxi boys do bring up a lot of good points....
    J. Buffett

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

There are actually some cities in the world where people honestly think pedicabs are fun and entertaining, where pedicab riders are local celebrities, where advertising revenue is generated and taxi drivers applaud us for getting rid of all the short fares that they don't care for. There are places where riders make money without exclusively taking randy blokes to strip clubs and where the pedicab is a viable alternative to the engine for the tourist, the disabled, the elderly and the local alike. Sadly London is not one of those cities.

If this city does license its riders (incidentally N. America licenses even its bike messengers), then we are not going to escape this image of our unsafe/rip off/rule breaking image. Sadly like all good things, the bubble has burst in London.

I was amazed the other week to see motor-assisted licensed pedicabs in Amsterdam and although it was still dirty night time pedicabbing - it demonstrated an effective green transport solution in an overcrowded narrow European city centre. Sadly London is not allowed by law to have motors which in my opinion limits the pedicab to only ever a short distance vehicle. We could have turned a third world mainstay into a first world research centre for 5000W motor technology!

There is not much else to bring to the table which is going to change the London pedicab scene sadly. It will take years and years to change the views expressed on the facebook rant. It is however, worth learning the lessons of what happened when the government didn't step in soon enough to license the whole enterprise. The tireless campaigning done by a few brilliant operators sadly fell on deaf ears. It could have been so different.

Rickshaw taxi bike ladies where are you going?

Sadly London is not allowed by law to have motors which in my opinion limits the pedicab to only ever a short distance vehicle.
    There is no problem going long distances in a pedicab in London. The problem is the current stock of riders who are not up to the task as far as overall fitness goes and the rat trap shitty bikes on offer. There is nothing to stop a fit rider with a well maintained rickshaw in London from going anywhere a punter would want to go on a night out. I know this as fact.
    J. Buffett

Sadly, electric motors just drop the price per ride, drops rental rates and the length riders stay with the company, most older riders remember the time and don't wish it back.

Thread Information