Thread: Wheel cover

Default Wheel cover

Hi gents,

Looking for a source for rear mudguards.

My fiberglass ones are trashed and want to replace them with the Maximus style mudguard+mesh+rubber.

Can anyone suggest anywhere?

All the best,

Rob

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hey Rob this is a nightmare for me as well. It seems for an ecotaxi they cut a bigger mud guard into 2 pieces. I have tried asking for a supplier but they wont say.

Couple of years ago when I had maximus I got spares off them. They did take a lot of persuading but try bugging them. Other than that try Friedal from bugbugs. Also the Edinburgh possy have loads of maximus - you could ask them. Or you could find a Chinese manufacturer on alibaba and ask them to send spares.

Go get em tiger and let us know how you get on.

Ps did you watch the movie????

Quote Originally Posted by TikkiTikki View Post
    Or you could find a Chinese manufacturer on alibaba and ask them to send spares.
    Don't get me started!
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

The options seem a bit limited. Best i can find is people supplying generic moped and motorbike mudguards, but will need to measure up. Got a feeling they will be too wide.

24 inch mudguards made out of anything non-plastic seem to be a bit tricky to find. Have found an online seller with rather smart full length chrome ones, but they appear to only come as a set for £25. Would work out at £50 a bike with a lot of left over front mudguards.

Classic Bicycle Parts | Fender Set 24 inch. with Ducktails, chrome | buy online

Contacting a China supplier is the backup plan as i need them here and onto the bikes over the next month. Got a feeling they could be a bit of a faff to deal with...

Tikki i did watch the documentary. Perhaps one day when I'm not constantly scratching for cash I will make it down to London to visit. The enthusiasm you guys maintain after dealing with total arseholes is incredibly impressive.

The base also looks rather interesting. Looks like some of you guys share a great social bond!

We use an old fish house surrounded by still operating fish houses. The smell is horrendous. The puddles are full of green water, and you even see amusing cartoon-style-fish-head-spine-bits all over the lane. Glamorous.

Get to London soon, Tikki is off to Canada soon. If you do come I will buy ya a pint or two. The documentary would have been better if they talked to an actual driver instead of some wrench monkey who lives in the garage.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

sakshi710 Guest

Yeah that's great.

Thread Information