Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pedicab manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Trixi.com View Post
    Nobody asked for an opinion.
    The original post did.

But I guess expressions as "But "A price tag of just over £2100 for something made in a poor country like Croatia? LOL!" is not a good fundament for a constructive conversation.....
    I wouldn't pay Western Country prices for an Eastern Bloc product. Nor should anyone else. Kinda like nobody should pay real country prices for some re tooled shitcart knockoff from China, a la Tartan rickshaws of Scotland.

bad products will not have enough buyers.

Here in London feet operators will spend the least amount of money to put out the shittyest of shitcarts with the shettyest of riders. Given the OP's profit margin he is onto a gold mine!
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Yes good point. Welcome to pedicab forum where you can advertise your rickshaw.

I would still like to see the underside of your bike. London has about a thousand bikes and if your going to crack the market you've gotta build something cheaper and stronger than the ecotaxi by maxpro. which currently has about 500 bikes here. We don't have veloforms because they are too heavy and low to the ground, maximus engineered the best bike known to man but stopped production and mainstreet has been a mainstay for a good reason.

Many have tried to copy and many have been rewelded.

Good luck and welcome to pedicab forum where me and the cyclepath offer the warmest if not, most constructive of handshakes. ~When you've been in the business as long as cyclepath, pedalled and pulled punters that side of the atlantic and this, you just stop giving a shit! Happy rolling and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cycle_pathic_maniac View Post
    I wouldn't pay Western Country prices for an Eastern Bloc product. Nor should anyone else. Kinda like nobody should pay real country prices for some re tooled shitcart knockoff from China, a la Tartan rickshaws of Scotland.
    I recently bought an BBQ Smoker from the Czech Republic...2.690 Euro / 2.200 GBP....similar Smokers made in Germany or Switzerland are sold at a very similar price, maybe a little bit cheaper, but not so much. I decided to buy a Smokeyfun from Czech Republic because the quality is fantastic and they sold already 25.000 units...which means: Huge experience....

Of course: It would be fantastic if they would sell the BBQ for half of the price...but they don't....BTW: This owner of this company is from Switzerland.

And if I am not wrong: The chassis / frame of the Velotaxis are also made in the Czech Republic (can somebody confirm?).

I think we should do a difference between

1. Good and safe pedicabs
    2. Bad designed pedicabs

And then look where they come from & the price. Some countries are now member of the European Community and the do have to fulfill certain standards etc. (Croatia is member of the CE since 1st of July 2013)...this has the advantage that European laws are valid (warranty & product liability ) etc....

I agree with you regarding China-Shit. I disagree with "Eastern Bloc" as some Eastern Bloc countries are now members of the CE.
    Last edited by Trixi.com; 25-04-2014 at 19:47.
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

hello trixi.com
    where come from your pedicab please??

We run CityCruiser I (bought 13 years ago) from Veloform, also know as Velotaxi Home - www.velotaxi.com
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Thread Information