Thread: RE: Pedicab chainless Drive Mechanism

Default RE: Pedicab chainless Drive Mechanism

Say, We looking at non motor assist pedicabs that don't use a chain and tensioner system. We want no chance of the chain coming off as this is to be used on our Jewish Sabbath when we may not repair chains. Is there any system available that uses a drive shaft of sorts?

tx

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by shaunw View Post
    Say, We looking at non motor assist pedicabs

Good. Nice to see you ain't a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunw View Post
    We want no chance of the chain coming off as this is to be used on our Jewish Sabbath when we may not repair chains. I
    Sounds like a lame ass excuse for not gettin yer hands dirty.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

I think that you can get the F.A system pedicab which would be useful for you - the G model is the best. For the drive system rather than using a chain you would prefer the driveshaft, this is a good idea but will be very heavy, a good ratio would be 0 x 0.

No news from Hungry Jack, I got 5 rented right now you betta get here soon

You gots 5 of yer rigs rented? Good stuff bro! Do the riders speak English? Do they pay their rent on time or in dribs and drabs? Do they make any money? Do they have homes of their own or do they sleep in the rickshaws? Tell me all aboot it dude, tell me all aboot it!
    J. Buffett

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hey bud,

Yeah it is going really well, guys are making between $200 and $420 a shift which is awesome. They are all young hippies - it is BC, they have homes, they pay full rent no questions and no one has slept in the bikes - I kick them all out anyway.

Vancouver has taken a little getting used to. Learning to avoid the hills, finding the bars, restaurants and hotels. We are just starting to sink with the events as well, we are getting good. My team has been with me for 6 weeks now and they love it. I treat them well give them free shifts now and then, half the rent if it went badly, buy them beer at the end and I ride with them.

People are very respectful of my bikes even when they are drunk (unlike London), Canadians are just so nice - they are perhaps the coolest people on the planet. It doesn't work in the day tho. There is enough money out there for all my riders at night. I have a couple more bikes to put on the road but will do it next season.

The other company has 2 2-seater mainstreet classics that are about 15 years old and in a bad way. The owner has told them not to ride with us so whenever we rock up they just disperse. I'm not sure if that is a good strategy to make money as we generally sit in the money spots. They blare really loud crap music as well so they don't really communicate with their passengers - plus he has them geared really oddly, they are pedalling like a sewing machine and moving nowhere. The owner has also posted a rate card in the cab - schoolboy error. The riders have to give a third of their income to their boss. When I first started riding the 2 guys just blanked me and told me they had been doing it for 3 months and they knew what they were doing and that I better have a license, totally weird - I call them shitty snooze cabs. They are no competition whatsoever.

Hope London is going good - are you off for your normal 6 month vacation around the planet? If you are stop by here dude. I'll buy you a poutine!

tikki tikki

Good to hear you are doin well dude! London is still a 3 wheeled monkey circus and I done expect to see any change. Toronto is devoid of any rickshaw activity, big event yesterday yet no shaws. It's good that yer girl dragged you out west!

are you off for your normal 6 month vacation around the planet? If you are stop by here dude. I'll buy you a poutine!
    I would do but poutine is for poncy hippy douchtards. Besides, Hongcouver ain't on the way to Algeria and Algeria is on the list. Some poor bastard got his head chopped off there a few weeks back so there should be some good deals on hotels and I don't expect to have any problems gettin a cab when I need one. I also hear that the food is good.

Allah motherfuckin Akbar dude!
    J. Buffett

Thread Information