Thread: Turnkey Pedicabs

Default Turnkey Pedicabs

Hello all!

My name is Justin and I'm new to the pedicab world. Actually, so new that I don't even have any yet! I am starting up a small pedicab company in Indiana and am in the market for probably 3 pedicabs.

I thought I was set on Mainstreet Pedicabs, but then I stumbled on Coaster Pedicabs through this site. I haven't committed to either brand quite yet.

While doing some searching, I found a couple used Turnkey pedicabs and thought maybe it would be a good idea to start out with these since they would be less expensive and this whole operation is a risk within itself since there is nothing like it here.

Has anybody had any experience with these? Thoughts? Reviews? Ideas? Im' all ears, or all eyes in this case.

Thanks!

Justin
    Home

Hi Justin,

I recently started my own pedicab business not two months ago, and in a city that had little to no experience with them. I looked at both Mainstreet and Coaster Pedicabs (I spoke with the Sales Manager for Coaster directly), but after doing enough research, I finally chose a Mainstreet Broadway.

Coaster Pedicabs look exciting, and I'm certainly interested to see how well they hold up in the field, and that's the thing: they're still being tested. After enough time, I'm sure Coaster will develop one heck of a cab. Until then, I'd invest in Mainstreet (I'm very pleased with mine).

Consider this: if your pedicab business ultimately doesn't perform as well as you need it to, you'll likely want to sell your cabs to recoup some of your investment. With so many other people already relying on Mainstreet, you're much more likely to sell, and sell faster if you have a trusted brand versus a model that doesn't have a lot of history yet.

I've never heard of Turnkey Pedicabs. Do you have any pics to share?

Whatever you decide, just do your research. This forum has a ton of useful information. And if there's anything I might be able to help you with, please get in touch. Technically, I'm still a newbie myself, but I was in the same position you're in now only 6 months ago and I'm happy to share whatever advice I can give.

Best of luck!

John

Thread Information