Thread: Rural use?

Question Rural use?

We are hoping to get a pedicab as an alternative to a car in for a small environmentally conscious rural theatre company in Germany. Does anyone háve experience with a Pedicab in a rural area? How practical are they between villages and longer distances, shortcuts through fields etc? We are also loking for a four wheel version, hopefully with a bigger payload for carrying props etc. are there any with electric assist? We have many steep hills locally... Any help appreciated, we are newbies in this area...

Andy

Thumbs up Some good points

Welcome newbie, good luck with your undertaking.

We have worked in different parts of the UK with both four wheel & three wheel pedicabs for promotion & public events. They are a winner every time & are also very cost effective, with many good points (see my reviews/photos).

If you were to use a pedicab/transporter not only will you find them fantastic transport vercles but amazing for advertising & a great way to pick up your VIPs.

The trikes can carry loads of up to 400kg & when you add electric assist then the range is around 30miles befor recharge. In flat terrain it should be possible to ride at 10-15miles/hr for as long as you are fit . On average I cycle by rickshaw around 30-40 miles a night & can do this for 3/4 days (night shift is around 9hrs). It is important to get a good trike/quad, as you will need less maintenance & riding is alot less effort.

Try looking at these companys, they do offer electric assist models.

Velocab
    Maximus
    SUV
    Brox

Be happy & enjoy.

Smile

Thanks! That's encouraging, I know I'm looking in the right place. Where can I get more info on Brox? Their website shows very little and doesn't seem to have been uptated for a while, but I see pictures of different Brox bikes elsewhere on the web.
    Last edited by Andy; 25-07-2005 at 07:42.

Post Just email brox

There is only one place they make brox cycles & I know there is a 'cheap' copy flooting around. I'd email Brox but if you have no luck then get intouch again with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Thanks! That's encouraging, I know I'm looking in the right place. Where can I get more info on Brox? Their website shows very little and doesn't seem to have been uptated for a while, but I see pictures of different Brox bikes elsewhere on the web.

Thread Information