Thread: Experience with Park Place Pedicabs???

Default Experience with Park Place Pedicabs???

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am soon to be new to the pedicab business. I am in process of purchasing my first pedicab for me to operate on nights and weekends. I've been looking at Coaster Pedicabs (CP), Main St. Pedicabs (MSP), and Park Place Pedicabs (PPP). PPP came in the most affordable by almost $1500 and fits my budget but i'm concerned because I can't find any reviews and MSP is telling me that PPP is a "cheap Chinese knockoff."

Does anyone have any experience or feedback with Park Place Pedicabs by chance? Any help is appreciated!

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum.

I think we had a guy on here about 6 months ago who wrote a lot about his negative experiences with PPP. I have no experience with them. I do have a lot of experience with pedicabs though. I know, for example that you can buy copies of all the big companies pedicabs from China here on alibaba http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...224443591.html this is your pedicab that PPP is selling. Note the price - you could probably get them for $600. Honestly if you dont know a lot about bikes and you buy something from china - you get shite. The tubing diameters are much smaller and the gauge of metal is very thin. The metal also has an element added to it called Toffee. It makes it more malleable

I did this when I started a company in Sydney, I bought the maximus copy, everything on them was built badly. The steel was very low quality, the forks bent, the frame needed gussets welding to stop it flexing in the middle, and the electrics quickly died and set on fire. The cheap plastic components - crankset, pedals, dérailleurs, shifters all had to be replaced the tires were also crap, the spokes needed tightening every day, the whole experience was a headache. If you are a very good bike mechanic you can get away with buying this inferior product and spending lots of time upgrading and welding and replacing forks etc. A pedicab takes a lot of abuse from drunk idiots. You have to be all over you bike mechanics and even if you are, these chinese copies will only last about 2 years tops!

A company like mainstreet has been in the business for 20 years - they know what they are doing, they have a shop that sells parts and after sales care. They have bikes in every major city in the western world. (I personally don't like the fibre glass, but hey), if you buy their bikes you may still be in business in 10 years!

Coaster are a new company with not a lot of sales. Having said that they look like they are built well, by guys who understand the game! They don't seem to have a very good canopy - something essential if you want to eat in the rainy months! But from an engineering point of view they look nice. Why don't you go to New York and work on a bike there for 2 weeks - find a mainstreet and a ecotaxi and a maximus (the greatest bike ever made) and see what you think, hey I reckon you might even find a guy with 2/3 second hand ones for sale - there are about 500 bikes there. Stick them in an empty loader going back your way and bing bang bosh. On your way back you could even stop of at coaster pedicabs factory and ride one. Call it a business trip!

Best of luck to you - it's a tough business

Hey, I just had a look where Sacramento is on a map, why dont you come up the west coast on the Greyhound to Vancouver and i'll let you ride for a night or two - pay for your trip, show you the business and how to ensure longevity. On the way stop in on the pedicabs in Portland and Seattle. I know they were selling some mainstreets on craigslist in Portland. There is also another company here in Vancouver that has some mainstreets too.

Tikki Tikki

This one is for sale near you

http://stockton.craigslist.org/bik/5028197585.html

And you could get this pink one for your girlfiend

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/5021988522.html
    Last edited by TikkiTikki; 06-06-2015 at 01:48.

Alot of people have used Mainstreet pedicabs and they are the Ford of the pedicab world ..... Try to buy from tried and tested, maybe do a quick hope to NY and look around, maybe try and then go buy.

Quote Originally Posted by tdayuk View Post
    Alot of people have used Mainstreet pedicabs and they are the Ford of the pedicab world

More like the Cadillac of the pedicab world.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Thread Information