Thread: Iceni Cyles Website Launch

Default Iceni Cyles Website Launch

We are pleased to announce our web site www.icenicycles.co.uk is launched today. For all your cargo, pedicab and rickshaw requirements. UK road legal less than 60KG kerb weight with motor fitted.

This is all I get.

Welcome to Your New Hosting Package

This is your index.html page

Please replace this when you upload your website
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

OK the site works after I refresh the page. Nice lookin cargo bikes. As for the rickshaw, I just don't see the rear facing seat thing working. I can't imagine giving a tour and the customer having to crank their necks round all the time. Giving the amount of drugged and boozed up passengers we have in London I can see this as to much enticement for the passenger wanting to leg it halfway into the ride. In all likelihood they would do a faceplant in the middle of the road and that would be funny. Best of luck anyway.
    J. Buffett

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by cycle_pathic_maniac View Post
    I can see this as to much enticement for the passenger wanting to leg it halfway into the ride. In all likelihood they would do a faceplant in the middle of the road and that would be funny.
    I don't mean to be mean, but I have to agree with cycle path. Did you guys even try pedicabbing before you designed a pedicab? The passengers in London will just run away - like 80% of the time, offski, gone, "bye cycle dude - get a real job." They will also stand up and urinate off the back, or flash their arse, likely the rider will rise up under counter-lever!

The chasis looks really weak. Like, really weak. If you put three people on the back of that thing - it happens - you are gonna compete with the maxpro, then it looks like your downward facing bearing cup holders are gonna be taking a lot of force. As you have bolted these on it looks like you are expecting them to be replaceable - i'm right aren't I. They are just gonna bend when you go round a corner!!! The side panel that holds in that mid-axle design is most often where the rider dings the bike into a pole - it will bend it out of alignment. Also why is the cassette on the axle? You will need to split the diff or take off the axle when you want to change it - if you are renting it out, the cassette will need replacing every year or so. Also, if those two rear chains snap, downhill, at speed, does the chain destroy a, the disc or b, the wheel. Either scenario would lock the wheel - is that why they face backwards? Its a clumsy design.

Also that axle is that 5mm, 10mm? The maxpro ecotaxi is 25mm - not a single failure (they also zinc galvanize them) If you paint the shafts black you are gonna have a nightmare at bearing changing time. Also why have you used 1.8mm spokes???? The maximus and maxpro are rocking 4mm moped spokes and rims - they never buckle. Also how are you gonna make money in the rain and winter - no rain covers?

My main concern is that the centre of the bike - the bit that takes all the weight should be the strongest part of the bike as you can see from this photo below
    maxpro ecotaxi design.jpg

the maxpro seen here on the left, in yellow has a triangle box with gusset plates welded all around it to take the strain. The centre of the iceni bike is the bottom bracket. This is gonna snap. Also note on the picture the ecotaxi maxpro has the bearing holders built into the frame not bolted on -bolts fail.

It's just all wrong. It is also outrageously priced. The maxpro is £1250 cheaper. I'm sorry - just from the photos it looks really bad. It is really light though......?

I don't get it. Didn't you say in earlier posts that your team designed the maximus - the strongest pedicab ever produced....what happened?

In my opinion it is not a commercial pedicab - its for your fit granny/eccentric uncle to pick the kids up from school, you could even do your shopping on it - but wait some London chav would be offski with it when you stop at a traffic light, gone, "bye cycle dude, get a forward facing 3 wheeled bicycle so I can't steal your shopping."

Below are the three main bikes that have been successful in the UK and around the western world. The Chinese have copied the maximus and the mainstreet really badly. The iceni just looks terrible - where is the triangular chasis - every engineer knows the triangle is the strongest shape. The iceni is one pipe welded onto a square? Here's a challenge for the iceni - put a guy in the back and find a big hill, put the bike on to wheels and have the person in the back jump up and down whilst the rider keeps it on 2 wheels. Does the arm that holds the wheel bend?
    bike designs.jpg
    This is just my opinion, I am sorry if this causes offence.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TikkiTikki; 26-11-2015 at 07:57. Reason: im stupid

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Another thought - if you put oil on the chain - will the brakes ever work again?

Didn't you say in earlier posts that your team designed the maximus

I believe he did and I was hoping to see something as good or better than the Maximus. Oh well.
    J. Buffett

Thread Information