Thread: insurance

Question insurance

Hi dear friends,
    I am new here and start a small operation of 2 electricity pedal assist Rickshaws in Israel- Tel Aviv and I want to expend for few more.
    But I have little/huge problem- there is no insurance company at Israel that willing to insure the operation.
    Some of you maybe know global insurance company that insure In Israel?

Shay

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetmouse For This Useful Post:

TikkiTikki (05-06-2016)

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hey Street Mouse. Welcome to the forum, do you have a website? I think insurance for our business is not really an international deal. Most operators use extreme sports insurers - phone up a 'white water rafting company' or a 'downhill mountain biking company' and explain your situation. Ask them where they got their insurance. Have a meeting with one of these insurance companies and explain the risk - show them your paperwork - you should create a checklist of maintenance recording any work done to the bikes, daily brake check tick sheets, daily spoke checks, frame cracks etc. Show them you care about the maintenance of your bikes. Show them your lease agreements, accident report forms, your staff training records, and the ID system you use at your company. Show them your website with your home address and phone number, show them that you are accountable!

The risk is not high and insurance companies know it, you just gotta find one!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TikkiTikki For This Useful Post:

Streetmouse (09-06-2016)

Hi tikki tikki,
    My website is http://rickshawtlv.wix.com/rickshaw
    FB https://www.facebook.com/rickshaw.tlv/

can you send me the links to the companies you mentioned

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hey man, if you use google and type in 'Sea Kayak rental - your location' and press enter, then it will show you a list of companies that do sea kayaking rentals in your area. (isn't google fantastic), I am not gonna do it for you. If you phone them up and say 'Hey man, i run a pedicab company and I am looking to get some liability insurance, who do you get your insurance with?....they might just let you know. Sea kayaking carries risk, and anyone who insures that type of business, will also insure pedicabs. You could even offer them some free advertising space on your bikes. Pedicabbing is about networking with all the businesses in your local area, and solving problems. You have got the bikes......now what! You could also try a bicycle rental business or a paragliding company, a boat tour operator, even a tour bus operator carries some liability insurance.

You could also try an insurance broker, they will do the searching for you. Use that google thing I mentioned earlier and type in 'Insurance broker - your location'

Good luck with your endeavours, and watch out for cracks in the middle of those squeaky Chinese imports. I started off with them too.

Hey tikki tikki
    Thanks a lot for sharing this information with me.
    i am the new guy in the block so everything is new for me.
    Israel is really small country and is a small insurance market too 7-10 companies control all. for now I have checked with all of them and there is no company that want to insure this kind of business, because i am small business and they don't know how to measure the risks- i am the only one who have rickshaws in Israel for now.
    I know I will solve this problem and its just a meter of time and its my challenge.

I really appreciate your quick answer and I will asking more questions. this forum is helpful and awesome!

Shay
    Last edited by Streetmouse; 11-06-2016 at 15:47.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetmouse For This Useful Post:

TikkiTikki (13-06-2016)

Hi Streetmouse,
    well done on setting up and looking at your site, look at options of adding international languages, as you will have a tourist market from bookings and advertising

Thread Information