Thread: Ester Pedicabs from China?

Default Ester Pedicabs from China?

Looking at Ester Pedicabs from China, for an operation in N America. Anyone got any experience or advice, particularly on quality, likely issues, insurance, etc.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...363.0.0.HRGBbN

Thanks,
    Dave

Use the search function FFS and don't be so fuckin lazy. Then you can come bwfk and ask wdvice on buying a proper western made rig.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Sorry to catch you at the wrong time of the month cycle_pathetic_maniac. I tried the search function and nothing came up for "Ester". Just wondering if perhaps there has been any kind of improvements in build quality that might make them usable for perhaps a few years on not-too-demanding terrain.

I don't need your advice on the western-made rigs because there is already quite a lot out there. Thanks for the offer though.

Would still welcome any practical feedback from any recent users of Chinese models, or is all doom and gloom?

Cheers,
    Dave

Please do not buy this rickshaw. My first rig was a similar chinese job, and it cost a fortune to rebuild into a reliable rickshaw.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rjoiner For This Useful Post:

dshack (23-03-2017)

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hi Dave,

Gonna put the cat amongst the pigeons here. Those bikes are called cycle maximus copies, they are a load of shit, don't waste your money. Having said that brother man, I started a business with some of those bikes with the belief that I could polish a turd, I couldn't

You're gonna need to weld a gusset on the frame in the middle as the trike will flex and creak in the centre point. Without a gusset there is a disconcerting sway on the front as you tackle a corner, snappy snappy.

The brakes are the shittest things ever. They will constantly squeak as they are poorly aligned - the frame is badly made. Your rides will start like this. "Hey squeak, welcome to my squeak cab squeak, where y'all squeak going squeak."

The frame seems to be made out of some steel with caramel added to it. I think they call it aluminium foil in the West, but in China they call it high strength steel.

Finally, and here is the fun part, the axles snap, the frames bend, the cranks creak, the forks bend forward, the wheels fall off. The parts that come with the trike are all really old shit like 's' type headsets and non sealed bearings in the bottom brackets. The whole thing will also rust in the container over here. (Don't get me started on the electric motors in these bikes - also know as the central heating unit as they will set the trike, your garage and maybe some passengers alight too).

Having said that Dave, I bought 2, and sold them on within 8 months for buy better quality, safer products. I have a fleet of awesome Maxpro Ecotaxi's, they don't break down, they take abuse and they are cheap to run. The low price point of the Asian trike makes them attractive for entry into the game, however, I would really save your money and throw it into an open fire, rather than buy those bikes.

You buy once with the big 3. You will be out of business within a year if you buy the Asian trike.

Thread Information