Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to buy pedicab?

Question where to buy pedicab?

Where to buy pedicab? with delivery?
    Who got ideas about it with good quality and prises?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mad For This Useful Post:

TikkiTikki (07-04-2017)

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Hey Mad,

Please have a read of my blog post here http://tikki-tikki.com/which-pedicab-would-you-buy/

The above post has some really useful information if you would like to get into the pedicab business. Welcome to the forum, and please feel free to ask any questions about how the business works and what you can expect from running a pedicab operation.

ok, thanks, I got my own pedicab in Latvia , Riga, but here is too small area for pedicab buisness , and to many pedicabs, so now I am thinking about other country, I want to give pedicabs for rent)))

Come on over to Vancouver Canada dude, it's awesome! Or you can work in London right? Ask Cycle pathic Maniac about setting up in the UK, he runs a business over there and could probably point you in the right direction if you want to travel abroad and try your hand at pedicabbing. There must be like 500 bikes rolling around the city, someone will have one for rent - expect to pay £50 a week to rent one.

Would love to see you in Vancouver!

In London yeah, I can work , a lot of Latvian guys work there, but now I want to buy pedicabs , that other people will rent it from me) because I got family , and you know can not just travel , I want to make buisness, with good people, and just for me - I do not need to rent bike ( pedicab ) I got 1 , very nice, and the problem what I got - I do not know about law in other coutrys about buisness, you now some papers and more, ( for example in Riga every pedicap drivers need licence , and we got special streets where we can ride, and where it is forbidden., and more ) Vancouver, I need to think about it , it is far from Riga, and I know nobody there(( May be you can give me some contacts of people who can help with pedicab buisness in Germany or Spain ?? ( just got some people there , but they know nothing about pedicab buisness)

forbiddenforbiddenforbiddenforbidden

London has got lots of 'super-bases'. When I set up my business there, I set up in the Shoe Lane base near Chancery Lane. The base was run by a grumpy old English man called Smeagol, the base he ran used to turn a brand new bike into a rust bucket within 6 months, unfortunately, it has closed down. Smeagol would rent archways in his damp underground cave to different operators, each archway could fit about 20-30 bikes, operators would then rent lines, and spaces in their arch to smaller companies. I think Smeagol feared making his damp base electric for the new electric motors being fitted to the cabs, and I don't think he ever made a penny out of this huge business, and so rather than hang himself, he bought a Lamborghini, a studded-leather jacket, dyed his new Mohawk blue, and started dating an 18 year old Eastern European lassie (i'm not sure this is 100% true, it's just what I heard).

Anyway these 'super-bases' still exist, there is a car park under the Elephant and Castle roundabout, an NCP car park underneath a hotel on the Old Gray's Inn road. The BT tower at one point had cabs underneath it, as did a car park on the south side of Waterloo Bridge. It would be easy to take your bikes there and fit it into these existing businesses. Just a word of warning however, these bases are open to the public and theft of batteries, tools and anything not screwed down, does commonly occur. I haven't been in London for 3 years now, but when I was there, they were leasing space for £40 to £60 a month to park a bike. I had a lot of bikes and was renting a whole arch, which brought the price down to around £20 per bike per month. Now factor in the fact that you can only charge about £40 to $50 a week to rent out your bikes, you should pay for insurance (not mandatory), and you will need to pay for maintenance (free-lance mechanics do operate in the super bases too), and you will quickly understand the business model in London. You will only rent your bikes about 80% of the time, and you will have to constantly harass a flock of East Indians who will be you renters. "But boss, I only make twenty pound this week sir."

Just a word of warning, the big companies in London have Maxpro Ecotaxi's. They attract the highest rents because people want to ride these bikes. The Maxpro hardly break down, they are in a class of their own, and the big operators fit flat-less tires, quality lighting systems with blinkers, and they maintain their bikes well, with discounts for long term renters. If you are going to go there, you will compete with mega fleets of Ecotaxis, some fleets have over 60 bikes and they really do attract the best riders. It would be foolish to try and compete against these bikes with shoddy built pedicabs, (honestly even the Maximus bikes do not attract the big rents and they are a well built bike too), you will not be able to rent out junk for more than £20 to £30 a week. People who do have junk bikes there, attract junk renters, their renters end up living in their bikes, smoking LSD until 7am every morning, and not paying rent. London is a very expensive city to live in, Europe is a big place, but hey, I get it, every European and his Mum can speak English, and they are all hungry for a bit of adventure and a bit more money, and why not! However, take heed, the road to London is a well worn path, and as Sarah, my favourite free lance mechanic used to say, 'Many people think that the streets of London are paved with gold, but they're not, they're paved with broken glass and broken dreams'.

Good Luck to you Mad.

Russ

[QUOTE][Ask Cycle pathic Maniac about setting up in the UK, he runs a business over there and could probably point you in the right direction [QUOTE]

The last thing we need i London is another eastern Euro. Really. Inany case london is o it's last legs. The race to the bottom is in the home strech so to speak. After 25 years of running/riding even I am starting to look at other things. Still a great job if you are a 3rd worlder or a junkie/petty criminal who is otherwise unemployable with no other options other working at subway or handing out shitty newspapers in front of a tube station. You as an east Euro will be a cut above that though. You can work for deliveroo!

As to the roads being paved with gold? Indeed they are. Just not for east Euros. You exist as cheap labour to be exploited, ie you sweep the roads for the rest of us.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Thanks for this insightful bit of London life Cycle Path, I only have one response.......POST 300 Woooooo woooo,

But seriously what has happened in London post Smaegol? Are there a lot less bikes? Do you all ride electrics like old Grannys? What is rent for a bike these days? Are the big boys still running like John,Hernando, Eduardo and Jair?

What's the scoop? Why is the scene on its last legs so to speak?

Ps, I love living the immigrant dream, and I hope you do too, I'm gonna get a job next!
    Last edited by TikkiTikki; 10-04-2017 at 01:31.

All the bad press over the last couple years have taken it's toll and the general public tend uo think of us as a bunch of pikeys and rightly so. Rents are about £60 -£70 pw or less. Most hikes have gimp hubs. Goober is in the way. Lots more 3rd worlders along with their overall lack of any real standards. Decient money if you know what you are doing or are willing to work long hours doing cheap lifts. In short, not really worth my time as I have other options but a great job if your options include working at Subway or handing out the Substandard.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

Nice information guys,I have not understood all ( my english is not perfect) But I hope I understood biger part right, Just I worked as pedicab driver 4 years, in Riga , and I want to lvl up, no education .... so need some small buisness, Riga is too small and too many pedicabs,
    London is not favorite for me, it is expensive, and a lot of problems with police ( that what I heard not only from you, but also from latvian guy who work there)
    What about Germany, may be somebody got some contacts?

Thread Information