Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to buy pedicab?

And one more question ( I hope I have not bothered you still ) about electro motor, guloshais-2 (1).jpg<-----Igot pedicab like this , so what type of motor will be better , ( front wheel, or backmotor) and where I can order it?

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Most people buy electric motors from China through alibaba.com. I have never seen it to be economically viable to put motors on pedicabs as the batteries are very expensive and only last for about a year. You will need to buy a LiFePO4 battery back with BMS (that is a sensor which stops the thing setting on fire). The controller will come with some terrible wires for your Hall sensors and some very thin wires that go to the battery. The thin wiring causes heat to build up, as the weight of the pedicab will overload the system, change the wires for something very fat with lots of strands of wire in it to minimize the risk of fire. I would prefer to have the motor in the central dropout in the middle of the bike so that it converts power through your differential - you will have to change to a 7 speed cassette however. You can also put it in the front wheel but you will have to keep tightening the spokes. Why don't you just pedal the thing dude, it's a pedicab. I remember those things showing up in London, they couldn't get them through bollards or into the doorways of some of the bases, worse still they don't stand on their arse for maintenance.

Have fun and stay Mad!

I remember those things showing up in London, they couldn't get them through bollards or into the doorways of some of the bases, worse still they don't stand on their arse for maintenance

The best part about them is that it is highly unlikely that they will be allowed on the streets once the things get licensed. I expect a bill to be introduced in parliament this summer.
    Good times and riches and son of a bitches,
    I've seen more than I can recall.
    J. Buffett

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!

That's really insightful TikkiTikki.

Thread Information