Thread: protective sail

Default protective sail

Hi all, i would like to know if any of you has attached some sort of sail to protect customers from wind and rain?
    Thx for the replys

Quote Originally Posted by belgiumguy View Post
    Hi all, i would like to know if any of you has attached some sort of sail to protect customers from wind and rain?
    Thx for the replys
    not me, I tell them to enjoy a real outdoors experience

Sydney, Auckland, London, Gothenberg, Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by belgiumguy View Post
    Thx for the replys
    Hello from Raincouver,

We are currently having a heatwave, but it does rain for 6 months of the year here, we even have a rainforest around us. Anyway, rain covers really make the business viable in the winter and are pretty much essential if you want to make any money - no-one likes a wet arse!

The best DIY attempt I saw was in London by a company called bug bugs. They took 3 lengths of pipes and bent them into a [ shape. They then hinged the 3 pipes on to the front of the elbow rest of the cab. They then put some velcro on the top of the pipes and then attached a big sheet of clear vinyl. This created a kind of sports car soft top design canopy, which could be folded back out of the way. It didn't quite cover the ankles of the passengers, but you could always velcro on a skirt to it. See the photos below. Many of the cheaper cabs rolling around London have similar 'shower curtain' attempts at designing canopies, but the big boys like maxpro and maximus do them the best.
    raincovers.jpgraincovers.jpg

Thread Information