Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: advise against buying any CyclesMaximus

Just ask Andy and I'll bet you he tells you that his Mainstreets go out before his Tipkis do. Hell, I traded 2 tipkes for a 10 year old mainstreet last year. Ask any owner who has Mainstreets and any other pedicabs and they'll tell you their Mainstreets always go out first. ALWAYS. Hasn't there been a fleet of Mainstreets in NEW YORK CITY"S harsh conditions for the last 10 years?
    Mainstreets are fun and fast to ride, plus they are mechanic friendly.

Smile First Out

Well, that's most certainly not how it worked in London, as far as I know.

Again, I URGE investors to get in touch with actual owners to get the scoop here. My story is cursory, at best. I've driven in New York City for just over three years and operated a fleet for just over half that time, so my experience and knowledge base is wanting.

Case in point: Bugbugs. Main Streets and TIPKEs literally were the only game in town in the beginning, as the Germans and Brits were caught with their pants down vis-a-vis pedicabs. Main Streets and TIPKEs were operated in London initially, from what I've been told by first-hand sources. Today, they're not in sight: Maximi dominate, and Velocabs are second, due to the bulk buy by Bugbugs. Bugbugs.com

Andy's email is rickshawandy@yahoo.com. I know him well. I used to garage with him. Never really cared which cabs he rented first, since I owned my own Maximus. Just knew I loved TIPKEs and would have scored a fleet of them had it not been for Maximus.

Decisions to purchase a pedicab are based on many factors. Sales capacity, functionality, durability, craftsmanship, design, ease of use, price, parts availability, ease of repair, sexiness, practicality, and more factor in. Each make has pros and cons. I'm passionate about Maximi and, secondly, TIPKEs. Others are passionate about Charlestons, Cyclestones, Paradises, Velocabs, Velotaxis, and Main Streets, among other makes.

I've only driven Main Streets, TIPKEs, Charlestons, Paradises, Cycles Maximi, and local custom cabs, so my experience is limited. I'm sure you've driven every cab under the sun and speak from more extensive experience.

Cheers.

Best,

Gregg
    NYC

P.S. Manhattan Rickshaw began operating shortly after Pedicabs of New York (PONY) established itself in 1995. PONY used Paradise pedicabs, TIPKE pedicabs, and custom "white" pedicabs designed for streets of Montreal but never used there due to legal barriers. Manhattan Rickshaw has an arrangement of a sort with Main Street and has used Main Streets since its inception, as far as I know. Contact them for more info.
    Last edited by MrRevolution; 31-10-2006 at 07:14.

You have very little knowledge and only ride pedicabs, you never work on them so you want people to believe you that Cycles Maximi are better than Mainstreets. Oh wait, your the Cycles Maximi dealer in the USA.

One of my riders worked for you in New York. His quote to me about Cycles Maximi bikes: "They're alright, I guess. They're just slow".
    I don't think he liked them very much.

P.S. Goodluck luck selling your expensive bikes. Please don't slander or make up any more lies here.

Wink Slander & Lies

Um, when someone fudges information about a product I sell to try to get an advantage for his own product, I get worked up about it. Period.

I'M NOT A MECHANIC. I fix my cabs sometimes if need be, and I spend most of time training drivers, managing operations, marketing our services, selling trikes, building cycle van courier operations, balancing books, and performing duties as secretary of the New York City Pedicab Owners' Association, among other activities.

I get sad, nevertheless, when I see people with little or no knowledge of many different manufacturers (most importantly the one I represent) try to build up the one make they like and talk trash about makes they know little or nothing about. It's poor form, at best. (I have one veteran driver, for example, who literally was physically unable to ride Main Streets anymore by the end of last year due to back problems and was about to quit until he moved to our Maximus cabs; he loves them and continues to ride today. So what? I still don't understand the logic of Main Street of forcing pedicab riders into a mountain bike position day in and day out as they ride on the streets, but that's another matter of preference, of course.)

I've never claimed to be a mechanic, buddy. I want people to get first hand information on EVERY MAKE. I provide contacts for operators and mechanics precisely because I'M NOT A MECHANIC. I know plenty of mechanics, and I've travelled to other cities and talked to other mechanics, but, alas, I'm not a mechanic.

I'm looking to sell the product I offer. That's why I strongly encourage investors seeking to build in the pedicab industry do due diligence and TALK TO REAL MECHANICS WHO HAVE ACTUAL EXPERIENCE WITH MAXIMUS CABS AS WELL AS OTHER CABS BEFORE BUYING. Is there a beter way to get a fair appraisal?

Finally, I love to drive above anything else. So sue me.

Here's wishing success to all responsible pedicab owners, drivers, and manufacturers.
    Last edited by MrRevolution; 01-11-2006 at 04:34.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRevolution View Post
    That's why I strongly encourage investors seeking to build in the pedicab industry do due diligence and TALK TO REAL MECHANICS WHO HAVE ACTUAL EXPERIENCE WITH MAXIMUS CABS AS WELL AS OTHER CABS BEFORE BUYING. Is there a beter way to get a fair appraisal?
    To all buyers:

I 100% agree. Any future pedicab owner should travel arround, visiting existing operations, talking to owners, mechanics drivers & manufacturers!

It is a good investment to get as more information you can get.

Manufacturers & distributors of pedicabs have one "disadvantage": It is difficult to be "objective", as they want to sell their product.

Talk to the people with the "dirty hands", the mechanics and hear well what are thinking the drivers.

And have in mind: The perfect pedicab does not exist.

Saludos
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Exclamation Some words to manufacturers & distributors

Some words to manufacturers & distributors posting here:

As you know, I am the Veloform representative for Spain, distributing the Velotaxi and on the same time I am running this forum, because it is my hobby and I always thought that we need a platform to exchange ideas and giving newbies a starting point.

At the beginnng I thought, that it could be incompatible with my business of selling pedicabs, but I came to the decicion that with a high grade of sensibility there is no risk...because I will never abuse this forum to sell a pedicab more...On the other hand: I am also operator, mechanic and during a time I was also a driver

I even think that any manufacturer & distributor has a special responsibility : Fair Play.

Let the people who are not related with the distributors / manufacturers, like drivers, mechanics, operators etc. making the comparison of the pedicabs & if you do it: Be always fair!

Maybe Rickshawforum may do in the future a kind of "product review" with enquiries etc.
    This would be a very interesting project.

Saludos
    Last edited by Trixi.com; 01-11-2006 at 05:18.
    Saludos

Gerald

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Default dirt lies scum and smut

Do Cycles Maximi have hollow axels like their web page says?

Get info
    Get info
    Get info.

i'm an owner, rider and mechanic who has used Tipkes, kubukies, cow cabs and Mainstreets. I own 32 Mainstreets and I'll keep buying Mainstreets because they have proven their durability, they have great customer service, they are easy to maintain and work on, they are fun to ride and they are made in the USA.

Goodluck in the Pedicab World

Hi Buddydeath,

32 pedicabs...not bad. Where do you operate?

Saludos
    Saludos

Gerald

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

You can find us in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixi.com View Post
    Maybe Rickshawforum may do in the future a kind of "product review" with enquiries etc.
    This would be a very interesting project.
    Yes very interesting, the first time i logged in on this forum, i expected to find this here, but unfortunately you still have to search and read a lot. If I can ever help making this product view, I will.

Thread Information