Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: advise against buying any CyclesMaximus

Quote Originally Posted by arbaces View Post
    If I can ever help making this product view, I will.
    This would be great. Are you an operator? Driver? Which pedicabs?
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Smile Perfect pedicab

Quote Originally Posted by Trixi.com View Post
    And have in mind: The perfect pedicab does not exist.
    I kinda agree with Gerald (Trixi) , there is no perfect pedicab, though there can be one more suited for the purpose or terrain. When it comes to an eye catcher ad beast - Velotaxi comes top (2nd Cyclopolitain), good ad spaces - G6, when it comes to a long distance run - Mainstreet comes top, maintenance ease - Velocab, aggiel - Maximus, stable & fast on the flat - Brox, lightest - organic engine, best UK budget - CanterburyTrike, best view Front loader, cheapest home build - Trailer Bike ....................................... and so on.

BUT, you know what........ ........... they then change.

Have you see the new Mainstreets, seen the new Velocab, seen the new Maximus, seen the new G6......StreetFighter.....................darn!.................. so what did you want again & were are you going to run this & what can you spend & for how long & what will you want to do more of?

Yes, talk to some one not selling but riding & fixing, then talk to some one els & then talk to the guy who can get you what you think you want.

No, I don't sell pedicabs but maybe I should

Cool axles and other bits

I've been maintaining Cycles Maximus for last three years and I know everything about those trikes.

I know that Cycles Maximus it's a great bike to ride but it's a night mare for mechanics. Whatwever you need to do it's easy ( unless you know how to do it) but it's a time wasting.

My first half axle replacement took me 8h, now I'm able to do it in 1:30h but still I think it's too long and these should not take longer than 30min. Problem is that just taking the wheel off takes about 30min.

Firstly. CM could find another way for fitting the wheel.

Secondly. They do a shit axles. Main axle is made from 20 mm basic steel tube with a hole of 9mm inside for the length of the axle. Later they weld a spacer with clutch for a rotor to this 20mm tube. These welding it's a bad practice as it makes the material weaker than it was originally.

Thirdly, our master engineer made a calculation which shows that are too weak to carry three people plus weight of the rider and a pedicab. What happens is that after two years natural tiredness of the material causes a crack of the axles.

Last thing is that cost of replacement half axle it's a £65 what is a bit outrageus for these tiny component. Ian should think how to improve these part as like now it's one of the weakest point of his trikes.

Regards

Yendrek3

Exclamation let's put some positive stuff

As there was a very strong conversation between Gregg NYC and others, I must say so about Cycles Maximus.

As our two folks Trixi and Friedel say, there is no perfect pedicab and apart from broken axels etc Cycles Maximus is a reliable vehicle and lovely driven.

It's good that there is a competition and that we have this forum to express our thoughts.

Hi there,

I fully agree. Thank you for giving the details.
    I really was pissed off with the axles low manufacture quality and
    the complete rear wheel. construction (it is a "nightmare" to fiddle round with it. (that is the reason I started this thread).
    There are details that can and may be should be improved with the Maximus trike. But from my experience I do not think Ian has an open ear for that. Which is a shame.

Ulf

And: has anybody - after all - used Mainstreet axles with a Maximus with some
    good experience of them?

Arrow Still looking at the options

Quote Originally Posted by hoechst View Post
    has anybody - after all - used Mainstreet axles with a Maximus with some
    good experience of them?
    We did look at this but sadly, would also need to make an adaptor for disk brakes & get two new wheels made up BUT the idea is not dead yet & shall update once we finish playing with the options.

Default Don't think about mainstreet axles on maximus

don't think how to do a modification of mainstreet axles. the easiest way is to make your own axles. How to make your own axle

1. Hire a Master Engineer to design one for you?
    2. Buy shaft but not ST3 but a proper steel.
    3. Go to Engineering company that use CNC Turning machines. They'll make one for you.
    4. Fit it to your Cycles Maximus
    5. Enjoy and celebrate their lifetime as you can ride for years and nothing will happen.

actually maybe I should start make and sell them I'll think about it

Unhappy Custom made axle

Quote Originally Posted by Yendrek3 View Post
    don't think how to do a modification of mainstreet axles. the easiest way is to make your own axles. Maybe I should start making and selling them I'll think about it
    Yes, I think that would be great! Make & then sell to Maximus & customers for retro fitting, as making an adaptor for the brakes not to hard but the axle ....... length & strength, plus a better way to fit disk & wheel - talk about fiddly!!!! I've got to replace 3 wheels & that sucks!!!!! Hundreds of bolts & hassle with keeping them tight .

So, check out the pedicabs for sale, as there are some up for grabs

Thread Information