Thread: Hello (again) from Sacramento

Default Hello (again) from Sacramento

Dear forum members,
    It has been awhile since my last posting. I have been away in Thailand enjoying the many sights, trishaws and tuk-tuks. My fleet is garaged, insured and proudly bearing the Fat Tire Ale logo.Not only is Fat Tire Ale a red bicycle-based design, but the client is truly environmentally aware....a perfect "marriage". Now for the not so good news...The City of Sacramento has pedicab regulations on "fast track" for the past 6 months..still without result. In the meantime, I have been trailering my fleet to events, awaiting city approval. My many years in the advertising business allows me to utilize my Main Street pedicabs as promotional tools but the "average joe" is being squeezed by the city's inaction...I guess that is why I am an entrepreneur and not a bureaucrat. My website will be up before the new year. Best wishes to all my pedicab brothers and sisters.

Neil Lubin
    Sacramento Rickshaw Company

Default Hello from your friends in Denver

I'm sorry to hear that you've seen little progress in Sacramento. The wheels of government often turn slowly - unlike those on our pedicabs. Is there anything we can do to help? Maybe just a simpathetic ear? Let us know how you're doing, and send us some pics from Thailand. If you send me pics of your cabs with the Fat Tire Ale ads, I'll post them on the blog.

it is my opinion that pedicabs are harder to operate in the state capitols?? Pedicabs are OVER regulated in Wisconsins capitol, Madison. You have to operate 24 hours a day and go anywhere in the city, including airports! Plus the costs for ONE license, and each additional one, is $1800. We had looked into relocating to Sacremento, but the government wasn't willing at the time to accept us.....Good luck, good thing come to those who wait and believe in their dream!

Default Sacramento Pedicabs are coming!!!!!!

thanks for all the good thoughts and encouragement. we are just about to go to city council for FINAL approval. I have a great garage location and we should be fully operational soon. I'll post some pix of the cabs in front of the Capitol..red cabs with a red Fat Tire Ale logo..looks great!!!

I've utilized just about every skill I have to "lobby" this through the city council. On a personal note, I couldn't have done this without the knowledge I gained attending the Big Tree Management workshop.

happy holiday to all!!!!

Neil Lubin

Thread Information