Thread: Brand new Pedicab for sale

cnelso66 Guest

Default Brand new Pedicab for sale

Unfortunately my plans to start a pedicab business have been changed because of family issues. So, if you are looking to get into the pedicab business, this rig is the ideal choice. This is a brand new custom fabricated pedicab by signtek of san antonio. They build a variety of vehicles including drag racers, unlimited class off-road buggies and every maner of wheeled items. I did alot of research before purchasing this cab and concluded this is one of the best designs on the market. This cab is constructed of 1.5" X .083 gauge 4130 chromoly which is tig welded at all the joints and powdercoated. That is the same tubing race cars are built from. It is significantly stronger, lighter and more flexible than standard steel which most pedicabs are made off. It rides on a pair of heavy duty 48 spoke, 20" rims with sealed bearing hubs. This cab has a load capacity of more than 1200lbs, yet only weighs a little more than 100lbs. It attaches to any bicycle and pulls like a dream. It measures 51.5" wide (seat width is 47" wide), by 75" long (to the end of the tongue). It seats 3 large adults comfortably. The cab is also equipped with mounting tabs for a large advertising panel on the back (43" by 33"). If you need to trailer the pedicab, I also have a brand new 2006 4' by 6' "Carry On" tilt lift trailer which the pedicab fits perfectly on. Fully loaded, it weighs approximately 350lbs. I pulled it with my 4cyl Honda accord and it was barely noticable. I'll include it in the deal for an additional $450. I have more than $2500 invested in this brand new package. I have lots of pictures, but they are too large to upload to this site. Send me an email and I will send photos. I really hate to see it go, but I have to make room in the garage. I'm open to trades as well; let me know what you have.

Chris
    (cnelso66@satx.rr.com)
    (210)885-4691

Feel free to post some photos - I found these on the web. You may reduce the size of the photos and post them to the

Last edited by Trixi.com; 20-12-2006 at 12:13.
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Exclamation Safety first

I know it’s not always good on hind sight to do stuff but when ever any one even considers buying a trailercab, they should ensure brakes are fitted to the trailer to help you stop ‘your three passengers’ (or face being pushed into on coming traffic or being run over by your amused passengers … .. . . .. … .. . )

Trailers can be cool but when you’re using a cycle (push bike style) but there may not be the brakes to stop you, nore enough weight to help you kill the inertia/ momentum you get from a moving mass (ie three passengers). This design also needs some wheel protection before it’s safe for even just slow moving, just imagine a dress getting caught in the wheel …breasts & full navel display ‘SIR!’ (not a good moment to ask for tips )

((yes, it HAS happnend !)

Thumbs down whoooo that's a dangerous trolley

Hmmm, mate! as I'm looking at your trolley i must say that it looks a bit dodgeeeee I just don't fancy it. Please for good of the whole pedicab industry, think about some brakes first and cover those wheels. We don't want to have a second death accident with the scurf like in Endinbrough.

Sorry to so negative but I just look after the industry.

regrads

cnelso66 Guest

All the input is noted. However, I don't necessarily agree with the negative comments. This trailer is a proven design. It's light simple and solid as a rock. I have pulled it with a mountain bike equiped with disc brakes and it has more than enough braking power, even with 3 passengers. The passengers would really have to go out of their way to get some article of clothing caught in the wheels. So, thanks for the comments, but don't judge it until you have actually seen it and pulled it. It's a fantastic pedicab.

Feel free to share your experience also in the new installed subforum "Talk ablut Trailers".
    Saludos

Gerald
    Admin www.PedicabForum.com

Our company site:
    www.trixi.com

Other web sites:
    www.Bicicleta.es

Thread Information